Wednesday 15 May 2013

Be aware!

Yo! to all my peoples out there.  Those especially in this current economic unemployment market.
I was recently sent an email from a recruiter that claimed to say that I had been successful for a job role and please could I call this mobile number.  Well, ultimately, as you do, I jumped to the chance and dialled this mobile number. It all seemed really professional and I was kept on hold for a while and then I thought oh they must be just busy.  So, I dailled a few times and then hung up.  I looked over the email and could not remember if I had applied for this job role or not, then I thought well it must be too good to be true and it was.... as when I checked my phone bill I realised that the number I had called was a premium rate mobile number.  I was so furious, I could not believe it.  So I sent an email to Watch dog to investigate.  How could it be possible that someone is cashing in on the current unemployed market like this.  It is most distasteful indeed. So please remember to check back on your diaries of the jobs you have applied for and check who the email is from before you respond or dial any mobile or any telephone numbers.
I had to pay at least £7.00 for the calls but now I am ever so vigilant for these types of emails.
So please remember to stay vigilant and be aware!

No comments:

Post a Comment